Love

I grew up listening to the Beatles. I still listen to them today, and sometimes when I listen to a track that I haven't heard in a long time it sounds fresh, almost like hearing it for the first time. Which is pretty neat considering that I've heard every one of their songs so many times that I can sing along with most of them.


So I'm searching the catalog of my library and I find this album:



It's a remixing of different Beatles song together to make "new" songs, like taking the guitar riff from one song and mixing it with the vocals from another, while using the drum tracks from another song. It was done technically very well by George Martin and his son, Giles Martin. I get what they were doing....creating new soundscapes from familiar tunes....but I just couldn't get into it. It's not that I feel that the original Beatles songs were perfect and therefore untouchable, but pretty damn good as they were and remixing them just struck me as more of a confused gimmick. Maybe to someone who has never heard the Beatles before this might sound ok, but for me....I thought that John, Paul, George, and Ringo got it right the first time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Foursome!

Thoughts On Subbing

I Built A New Queening Stool